Sunday, December 6, 2009

More donations and a wish

Somebody emailed me and asked if I could help a father and his family this holiday.  He was diagnosed recently with  cancer and they are in need of holiday cheer.  I said no problem!! We are able to help the wife and their daughters but since we are collecting PINK items I need to come up with another way to help the father and son.  I was thinking of gas giftcards due to the fact of the distance they will have to travel for cancer treatment.  I got a call from my mom today and she told me of a friend who would like to donate pink items...she also said that this friend told other people and they want to help too!! I am so happy.  My daughter and her friend have been making PINK bracelets with the words pink, hope and 4loveofpink...which my daughter told me stands for FLOP... that was a downer!!! I am not going to let this flop....just the opposite!!!!  I do not wear pink nor have I ever  due to the color of my red  hair somehow pink and red just doesnt work for me! But I do love the color pink and I will be wearing pink when I deliver the baskets!!!!

No comments: